Thursday, May 5, 2011

Final Project: The Tender Bar

The Link to my final paper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zrnkvPqvvBruECKHRtdhmc0HROK_fng8oaPoytU7M7g/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLT3z8QB&pli=1#

For the final project I chose the bar on Sixth Street, Key Bar, where I work and analyzed the decor, set-up, and architecture of it. I also analyzed two different types of closing songs; each emitting a different type of emotion and outcome from our customers. I used Aristotle, Longaker, Walker, Edbauer, Brennan, and Hyde-Smith to help in my analyzation and explain why our customers stay longer and purchase more alcohol along with they they had certain emotions due to each closing song (Pantera compared to Journey). My claim is that the closing song combined with alcohol has a huge affect on the emotions emitted by the customers along with if they will leave happily or not. I also am claiming that the decor and set-up of our bar was chosen exclusively for reasons of bringing in more customers and getting them to feel comfortable and spend as much money as possible.

I came to the conclusion by explaining group mind, affect, interpretation, and behavior, cities as weather systems, and showing Aristotle's and Walkers connections of alcohol and angry music that Key Bar is set up in two perfect sections to attract a certain type of customer for each. This also helped explain why two very different types of music (Pantera and Journey) bring out anger and calmness in our customers while we our trying to get them out at closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment